top of page

8x10 Print with 11x14 Signed White Matt. Frame Ready.

Nubble Lighthouse is one of the most revered lighthouses on the coast of Southern Maine. President Rutherford B. Hayes appropriated $15,000 to build the lighthouse to protect mariner traffic in the colonial days. Construction was completed on July 1, 1879. In 1939, The US Government transferred the service of the lighthouse to the US Coast Guard, giving it the official name of Cape Neddick Lightstation. In 1987, a lease agreement was signed between the US government and the Town of York to ensure the property would be cared for. Nubble Lighthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places to preserve. In 1994, permanent ownership of Nubble Lighthouse (Cape Neddick Light Station) was turned over to the Town of York.


11x14 Sunrise- Nubble Light

Excluding Sales Tax
    bottom of page